Protein information and facts for proper muscle growth
Every active bodybuilder wishes to increase and accelerate its muscle growth. So besides regular exercise it is necessary to have quality food where regular protein intake will be a key factor. Therefore, this article contains information and facts related to protein intake that will ensure proper and faster muscle growth. The famous sports trainer and researcher Dr. Stuart Phillips in his recent research focused on whey protein, high-quality protein foods and their use by active people received the following interesting and important facts related to proper muscle growth.
- Whey protein is the highest quality protein source due to its high content of leucine and total BCAA content.
- Athletes have different needs for protein intake compared with other inactive people. Bodybuilders and active practitioners who make frequent training for strength need 1.5 to 1.7 grams of protein for each kilogram of body weight, while the active athletes as athletes and all who make intensive endurance training require more protein intake more than 1.7 grams because consume more energy (and this includes more protein). For all athletes and active people it is at least 25% of their daily calorie intake is by introducing quality protein foods (which will be the freshly prepared food combined with protein supplements).
- The maximum amount of protein that can take in a meal and thus avoid oxidation is 25-30 grams. Regular exercise over time significantly improves the utilization of protein in muscle growth.
- Leucine though it is crucial for protein synthesis, it also greatly encouraged spending of excess body fat in a way that increases termogeneic activity of proteins in our muscles.
- Casein is the most slowly lysis protein compared to other well-known protein sources (whey is mainly composed of casein). Compared with casein whey protein significantly faster absorbed and utilized by the body and therefore whey protein is necessary for use after a busy and intense training.